The global aims of CENTER-TBI
- Improve characterization and classification of TBI in Europe, with inclusion of emerging technologies.
- To identify the most effective clinical care and to provide high quality evidence in support of treatment recommendations and guidelines.
In brief, CENTER-TBI will
- Collect high quality clinical and epidemiological data with repositories for neuroimaging, DNA, and serum from patients with TBI.
- Refine and improve outcome assessment and develop health utility indices for TBI.
- Develop multidimensional approaches to characterization and prediction of TBI.
- Explore methods for better targeting of treatment to the needs of individual patients (precision medicine) (“Precision Medicine”).
- Develop performance indicators for quality assurance and quality improvement in TBI care
- Contribute to international standardization of data collection in TBI common data elements (CDEs)
- Intensify networking activities and international collaborations in TBI
- Disseminate study results and management recommendations for TBI to health care professionals, policy makers and consumers, aiming to improve health care for TBI at individual and population levels
- Develop a “knowledge commons” for TBI, integrating CENTER-TBI outputs with existing knowledge.